COPD Clinical Trials
Have you been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease? If so, you may want to consider enrolling in one of our COPD clinical trials here in Birmingham.
Current or ex-smokers are at risk for this progressive lung disease, but many cases go undiagnosed. Since there is no cure for COPD, patients should consider clinical trials following their diagnosis or when altering their treatment plan.
Fill out the form on the right hand side of the page and see if you qualify for one of our COPD clinical trials →
At Achieve Clinical Research, our team of investigators conduct carefully monitored research studies. COPD clinical trials are used to test the effectiveness of new medical approaches. They have helped experts identify better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat this lung disease.
Want to see if you qualify for one of our COPD clinical trials? Here are two ways you can get started:
- Complete Our Online Form – Take a minute to fill out our online form in the right corner of the page. Please make sure that you provide an email address and phone number where you can be reached. A member of our staff will contact you shortly to discuss your eligibility and next steps.
- Call Us – Pick up the phone and call us at (205) 757-8208 anytime between 7 AM and 5 PM weekdays.
Do You Qualify for a COPD Clinical Trial?
Before going any further, you should know that each research study has specific enrollment criteria and guidelines for participation. We can’t list everything here, but here are some general guidelines for our COPD clinical trials:
- Our staff is looking for volunteers who have been diagnosed with COPD, bronchitis or emphysema.
- Health insurance is not a requirement to participate in a clinical trial.
- Applicants for investigative clinical trials can’t be pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Participants are expected to comply with the procedures and guidelines necessary to complete the research study.
Compensation for Participating in a Clinical Trial
Did you know that participants in a COPD research study get access to premium healthcare free of charge? All study-related care including physical examinations, laboratory services and study medications will be provided to participants at no extra charge.
Most COPD clinical trials also pay a stipend to participants who complete the study. Not only are you helping researchers find a cure for COPD, but you can receive compensation for your participation. The stipend will vary depending on the specific research study that you are enrolled in.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Symptoms
COPD is classified as a progressive disease, which means that the symptoms will get worse over time. Unfortunately, many people mistake the early signs of this respiratory disease with the natural effects of aging. The symptoms of COPD won’t normally become noticeable until after the lungs have been significantly damaged by the disease.
Early symptoms of COPD include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic cough
- Tightness in the chest
Please Note: If you have any further questions about our COPD clinical trials or any of the other conditions that we are enrolling for at Achieve Clinical Research, please contact us at (205) 757-8208. A member of our medical staff will be available from 7 AM to 5 PM every weekday.